General Enrolment

Sale & district specialist school

General Enrolment

Eligible students may enrol at Sale & District Specialist School any time during the school year.


Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.

To enrol your child at our school:

  1. Visit or contact the school to discuss your child’s needs and why you think they may be eligible to attend the school. We will provide you with support to initiate any assessments needed to confirm eligibility for enrolment.
  2. download and complete the enrolment form   
  3. collate the required documents outlined below
  4. return the completed form, along with the required documents, in person or via email to sale.district.ss@education.vic.gov.au
  5. A Student Support Group Meeting (SSG) will be held to discuss your child’s needs and to complete an Educational Needs Questionnaire (ENQ).

Required Documents

Required documentation includes:

  • Completed enrolment form
  • Evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificate or passport)
  • Immunisation Status Certificate
  • current (within 12 months of when the application is submitted) assessment reports in your child’s area of need. This often includes:
    • Speech pathology
    • Occupational therapy
    • Physiotherapy
    • Paediatrician
    • Ophthalmologist
    • Audiologist
    • Psychologist
    • Counsellor
  • A letter of diagnosis from a paediatrician

You will also be required to provide information about:

  • your contact details
  • emergency contact details
  • health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
  • other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare (if any)


A school entry immunisation certificate must be presented at the school office before children start school. This is a legal requirement upon enrolment to primary school in Victoria. This process assists health authorities in the event of a vaccine preventable disease occurrence in school. An unvaccinated child may be excluded from school for a period of time.

School entry immunisation certificates can be obtained from:


Eligible students may enrol at any time during the school year. Students will participate in a transition program to ensure student needs are identified and placement is appropriate. Please contact the school for further information about transition.

Transport Assistance

Students who reside within the school’s Designated Transport Area (DTA) may be eligible for transport assistance.

Go to the Transport for students with a disability page of the DET website for information, application forms and guidelines about eligibility.

School Zones

Information about school zone, and our designated transport zone, is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. This website hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students are guaranteed a place at their designated neighbourhood school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance for mainstream schools through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.

For more information

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email:  vsba@education.vic.gov.au

Find My School

Further information about enrolling your student in a Government school can be found on the Find My School Website

Bubble Sale Specialist 3

School Uniform

Children will not be permitted to attend excursions or out-of-school activities unless they are in full uniform. For specific information about school uniform please download the documents below:

Files And Folders

School Dress Code

Files And Folders

School Uniform Price List