Prep Enrolment

Sale & district specialist school

Prep Enrolment

If your child will be five years old by 30 April of the year of school entry, they are eligible to start school. Please visit our school and discuss your child’s need and why you think they may be eligible to attend.

Funding for Students with Special or Additional Needs

A child with special or additional needs entering a Department of Education and Training (DET) school may be eligible for additional funding to provide additional assistance through the Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD). This applies to mainstream schools and special settings.

The application process can be quite lengthy and includes collection of information about the child including assessments and reports addressing the area of need.  It is important this this process is started as soon as possible with the school.

Once a child is funded through Program for Students with Disabilities (PSD), the funding will move with them if they transfer to another Department of Education and Training (DET) school.

Application Process for Enrolling at Prep Level

Visit the school, discuss your child’s needs and why you think they may be eligible to attend the school. At this time we will collect information regarding your child to start the process. Paperwork will be provided by Assessments Australia  to be completed by the parent/s and  your child’s kindergarten or early childhood setting or the school. You will be asked to bring in any information you have regarding your child to show they have had a history of issues. This is important to support your application.

We will ask for current (within 12 months of when the application is submitted) assessment reports in your child’s area of need. This often includes:

  • Speech pathology
  • Occupational therapy
  • Physiotherapy
  • Paediatrician
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Audiologist
  • Psychologist
  • Counsellor

A letter of diagnosis from a paediatrician is required. Where a child does not have a diagnosis a paediatrician will be able to their needs and the challenges they face.

A Student Support Group Meeting (SSG) will be held to discuss your child’s needs and to complete an Educational Needs Questionnaire (ENQ). We will be notified of the outcome of the application and whether your child is eligible to attend Sale and District Specialist School. Please contact the school for further information about transition on 03 5144 5644 or email us at sale.district.ss@education.vic.gov.au


A school entry immunisation certificate must be presented at the school office before children start school. This is a legal requirement upon enrolment to primary school in Victoria. This process assists health authorities in the event of a vaccine preventable disease occurrence in school. An unvaccinated child may be excluded from school for a period of time.

School entry immunisation certificates can be obtained from:

Transport Assistance

Students who reside within the school’s Designated Transport Area (DTA) may be eligible for transport assistance.

Go to the Transport for students with a disability page of the DET website for information, application forms and guidelines about eligibility.

School Zones

Information about school zone, and our designated transport zone, is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au. This website hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.

Students are guaranteed a place at their designated neighbourhood school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.

The Department provides guidance for mainstream schools through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.

You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.

For more information

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email:  vsba@education.vic.gov.au

Find My School

Further information about enrolling your student in a Government school can be found on the Find My School Website

Bubble Sale Specialist 2 1

School Uniform

Children will not be permitted to attend excursions or out-of-school activities unless they are in full uniform. For specific information about school uniform please download the documents below:

Files And Folders

School Dress Code

Files And Folders

School Uniform Price List